A spinal cord injury can alter your life forever, significantly impacting your ability to earn a living. You and your family shouldn’t have to take on the burden alone. If your injuries were the result of another’s negligence, you may be entitled to financial compensation.
Severe spinal cord injuries can have a number of debilitating effects, including paraplegia, quadriplegia and other paralysis or nerve damage. Any of these injuries can turn your life upside down and require a lifetime of treatment and care. A successful personal injury claim can make sure your expenses are taken care of so you can focus on your family and your health.
Common symptoms and complications related to spinal cord injuries:
- Pain and intense stinging in the spinal cord
- Loss of movement
- Loss of sensation or feeling
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Uncontrolled reflexes or spasms
- Changes in sexual function or sensitivity
- Difficulty breathing
Did you know?
Approximately 12,000 new cases of spinal cord injury are reported each year.
- The majority of spinal cord injury victims are between the ages of 16 and 30.
- 80.6% of all spinal cord injury victims are male.
- Lifetime costs for spinal cord injury patients range from $1,500,000 to $4,543,182.
- The first year of treatment is the most expensive, ranging from $334,000 to more than $1 million.
Source: National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center.
Five common causes of spinal cord injury:
- Automobile accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Boating accidents
- Work-related accidents
If you or someone you love have sustained a spinal cord injury, contact the Parrish DeVaughn Law Firm today. Our attorneys are experienced in handling spinal cord injury claims and we will fight to get the money you deserve for your injuries.